Get a load of February in Moab Utah.
Travel Images has a workshop lead by photographer John Baker on February 19 – 28 2014. Later in February, 28th – March 2, photographer Dave Forster holds his Winter Canyonlands – Arches Workshop. Don’t’ be alarmed if either has no more spots, because local photographers, Jon Fuller and Bret Edge, provide photo tours all year round with advanced reservations.
February 28 – March 2nd Poison Spider Bicycles hosts a fun weekend with parties and scheduled activities. The Poison Spider Thaw features a women’s mountain bike skills clinic, bike demos, and meet & greet party. Come join the spring trail riding with local guides and legends of the sport of mountain biking!
Go Anytime –
Moab Backcountry Trail Rides serves visitors throughout the winter. Make reservations to experience the towering red walls from the saddle, like John Wayne in the 1961 film, “Comencharos”. The MoabInformationCenter has a free pamphlet listing movies filmed in Moab. Take a drive to the movie sites; make it a scavenger hunt of sorts. Or download the pamphlet in advance of an arrival to watch films with Moab backdrops to get excited about a jaunt to Moab. Soon to be released in 2014: “Need for Speed” and “Transformer 4”, both have scenes shot in Moab.
For Valentines Day double up on the possibilities in Moab.
Enjoy three fee free days in Arches and Canyonlands National Parks on February 15, 16, 17. Adults include the theater production, “Almost, Maine” by the Moab Community Theater players, held at Historic Star Hall February 13, 14, 15 at 7 PM. There is even Moonlilght bike riding at Dead Horse Point State Park February 15th.
http://www.discovermoab.com/calendar.htm for all the details.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged fee free NPS, moab february, moab winter | Leave a Comment »
Ringing in the New Year
For a winter visit, this announcement about Visitor Center hours in the National Parks by Moab is useful.
Travelers to Moab can now book flights into the Canyonlands Airport utilizing SkyWest, a Delta Connection flight.
Getting ready for the 50th Anniversary of Canyonlands National Park in 2014 and finishing with some honors here at the end of 2013.
Skating has been good on Ken’s Lake. Snow is scattered around, still local folks are mountain biking in various places around here.
And the National Park Service has announced the Fee Free Days for 2014.
Wishing everyone a happy, enjoyable conclusion to 2013 and a spirited New Year!
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged New Year in Moab | Leave a Comment »
Moab Utah is on the TripAdvisor list this 2013.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Moab, Trip Advisor | Leave a Comment »
Guiding in Moab Utah requires a medical credential. Here is known medical training in the 2014 season that shall be held in Moab.
What kind of guiding is there in Moab? Here is a list of the Moab Outfitters.
Wilderness Medicine of Utah – February 17-23 2014
Wilderness Medicine Institute of NOLS – February 26 – 28 2014 Recertification courses for Wildersness First Responder or Wilderness Advanced First Aid held with Canyonlands Field Institute of Moab.
National Outdoor Leadership School – April 8 – 17 2014
Wilderness Medicine of Utah – April 14 – 20 2014
Advanced Wilderness Life Support – May 14-17 2014 A course for licensed MD, PhD, DDS, PA, EMT, Nurse, Paramedic
Posted in Outdoor Pursuits | Tagged Advanced Wilderness Life Support, Canyonlands Field Institute, Moab, National Outdoor Leadership School, Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness Medicine of Utah | Leave a Comment »
Mountain Bike Tours are an efficient means of maximizing the time to get a taste of Moab’s fabulous mountain bike trails and single track. Travel to appropriate trail heads for the determined bicycling ability in combination with an opportunity for additional instruction and possibly food provision and an included shuttle.
- Solfun Offering Beginning to Gonzo day trips.
- Magpie Cycling Adventures Providing private guided rides and instruction by the day or join a departure date for National Park camping and trails.
- Dreamride Cycling Featuring road cycling and mountain bike vacation packages.
- Escape Adventures Guided half day and full day rides. Multi-day camping – pedaling tours are available with advance reservations.
- Western Spirit Cycling Adventures Combination mountain bike and paddle trip, spring break teen mountain bike camp/ride, road biking and classic National Parks of Moab. Western Spirit is the event planner for the October Outerbike event.
- Rim Tours If it is a trail of Moab, Rim Tours has permits to take mountain bikers there on a half-day or full day trip. Home of the Sunrise Downhill Tour, complete with delicious breakfast. Also outfitting multi-day camping tours and partnering with Alison Dunlap, World Champion and 2 time Olympian, for three skills camp situated in Moab.
- Adrift Adventures AM and PM half day mountain bike departures daily. Combine it with one of Adrift’s other adventures: rafting, ATV, canyoneering, stand up paddle boarding, and/or 4×4 trips.
- Moab Mountain Bike Instruction Skills, drills and stunts are helpful for development during a group mountain bike camp, or inquire about private instruction.
Rent a Bike:
- Poison Spider Bicycles Renting Mountain Bikes for kids and adults. Road Bike rentals are available. The Shop will help renters organize a guided tour. And Poison Spider is the event planner for the Gran Fondo Road Cycling event in May.
- Chile Pepper Bike Shop Coffee bar and retail/service shop along with bike rentals for kids, road cycling and 26″ or 29″ mountain bike. Event planner for the Moab Ho-Down and Mountain Bike film festival in October.
- Moab Tourism Center Renting Bike racks that fit most vehicles. Shuttle trailer has a 2″ ball, holds up to 8 bikes and is available to rent. Kid Mountain Bikes rented here. Rental bikes come with a bike lock.
- Moab Cyclery Daily Shuttles depart from the Bike Rental and Retail Shop.
- Rim Cyclery Retail and Repair Shop renting mountain bikes, kid’s mountain bike, car bike racks, and a trail-a-bike or bike trailer to haul children.
- Back of Beyond Books
- Moab Information Center
Posted in Outdoor Pursuits | Tagged bike rack rentals, mountain bike rentals, mountain bike tours of moab, road cycle rentals | Leave a Comment »
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Wilderness First Responder Courses will be held in Moab during the 2013 spring.
Continuing Education Units are provided to entities with current medical licenses with the Advanced Wilderness Life Support organization.
And one organization is focused on recertification for unexpired card holders of Wilderness First Responder.
Open the links for more details about prices, schedule and contact information.
Wilderness Medicine Institute of NOLS – February 28 – March 2 2013 Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness Advance First Aid or 3 day recertification courses held through Canyonlands Field Institute.
Mountain Education & Development – March 9-16 2013 Wilderness First Responder
National Outdoor Leadership School – April 10-19, 2013 Wilderness First Responder
Wilderness Medicine of Utah – April 22-27, 2013 Wilderness First Responder
Mountain Education & Development – April 26-28 2013 Wilderness First Responder Recertificaton
Medical Officer – April 29 – May 3, 2013 Wilderness First Responder
the Wilderness Medicine Training Center - May 10-12, 2013 Wilderness First Responder Recertification
Advanced Wilderness Life Support – May 15 – 18, 2013 for licensed MD, PhD, DDS, PA, EMT, Nurse, Paramedic
Colorado Mountain College – May 21 – 28, 2012 Wilderness First Responder
Posted in Event, Uncategorized | Tagged wilderness first responder classes, wilderness first responder course, wilderness first responder training, wilderness first responder utah | Leave a Comment »